Thursday 5 January 2012

GENESIS


Well, here we are. I’m doing it! I’m starting a blog. Welcome. If you’re as apprehensive about this as I am, then hey; at least we have something in common.

This is for my musings, my fears. My recipes, my thoughts, my 2012.

We have a while to get to know each other, but let me start off by sharing with you one of my life-long dreams.

You know the scene for it, the typical movie cliché; it’s the crisis on a plane. 

flying high. see it.
The air-hostess calls over the crowds -  “is there a doctor in the house?

Some handsome, proud gentleman files down the isle and saves the day. ‘Wow’ people think, ‘what a worthwhile person’.

 In my dream, the plane is the same.  The only difference?

Is there a writer in the house?” and I will be able to say why yes – yes there is, that is me.

I’m a writer. I’ve always written, for as long as I can remember – short stories with terrible drawings tacked to my nanny’s fridge. I enjoy writing, I get kicks out of sentence structure, I also have a deep loathing for word counts – my tutors don’t enjoy the excuse of it 'curbing my creative flow'.  

I study writing at university – whatever that means. I’m sure there will be plenty of venting about it. Want to become a writer? Read Lorrie Moore’s 'How to Become A Writer'; let it inspire you, love it or hate it.

I also enjoy life, most of the time. See my ‘about me’ section to graze on the very basics of who I am and what I fill my days and mind and heart with.

This year is the year of change for me. Of new opportunities, and giant adjustments.

I’ll be blogging when I have something to share, or not – just when. A story, a frustration, regrets, my joy. I would love to share this with you. Nobody is made to be alone – this is networking, this is community.

It’s lovely to meet you!

Welcome, welcome, welcome. 

my "excited to have you along for the ride" face.


No comments:

Post a Comment